Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Healthy You Challenge




So this is my 3rd week on the Healthy You Challenge. I have been sick this week so it had been hard to gage things properly. My weigh-in was good last week and since starting this challenge I am down 2.2 lbs. I have set a goal to be at the 90lbs gone mark by the end of February. Presently, I am at 84lbs. I have had no excercise this week but hope I will be feeling up to it again soon.



Do the changes that you are making seem overwhelming to you? There are little things that you can do that will make a difference.




  • Don't deprive yourself. Do you want that chocolate? Treat yourself to a fun size candy bar instead of a full size one.

  • Switch from regular cheese to reduced fat. I can't bring myself to eat fat free and that is okay.

  • Instead of mayo on your sandwich use mustard.

  • Try new fruits and vegetables when you go to the store. You might just find one you like. I discovered I really like Ugly fruit.

  • When you go out to eat drink water. It saves you alot of money as well.

  • Switch to skim milk. If you can't go cold turkey do it work your weigh down.

  • Find a low cal or low fat snack that you like for when the munchies atacck and you must have that afternoon snack. 100 calorie packs are great and nuts are an even healthier choice.
  • Look for a new recipe to try. There are some great ones to be discovered.

Remember little things can make a big difference. Have a great week.

1 comment:

Cammy said...

Congratulations on a great loss! You are SO close to your goal; I'm sure you'll make it.

Hope you feel better soon!