Sunday, January 13, 2008

In the Kitchen

First check out the new aprons some dear friends gave to my daughter and me today. We used them to make some yummy brownies. She couldn't wait to put them to use.







Next I wanted to share a great Weight Watchers recipe that I made on Friday. That are yummy and only 3 points a bar.


Butterscotch Bars


  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar

  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar

  • 1/4 cup butter

  • 2 large egg whites

  • 1 tsp vanilla extract

  • 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour

  • 1/2 tsp baking powder

  • 1/4 teaspoon salt

  • 1/2 cup butterscotch morsels

  1. Preheat oven to 350°

  2. Beat sugars and butter with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 4 min). Add egg whites and vanilla, beat well. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt, stir well with a whisk. Add flour mixture; beat at low speed just blended. Stir in morsels.

  3. Spread batter into an 8- inch square pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 for 28 min. Cool bars in pan on a wire rack.

Serves 16 1 bar= 142 calories, 4.3 fat grams, .03g fiber



5 comments:

Looking Great in 2008 said...

These look delicious. Do you think that it would work with splenda instead of the sugar or is that pushing it. I guess 3 pts isn't too bad for a dessert.

BTW, I like you blog and I am going to bookmark it and visit often.

Lynn said...

Hi Beth!

Thanks for dropping by on my website, and I came over to check yours out... just what I need, someone to share recipes with for WW!!

When I get away from my dang housework, I'll read more. Nice recipe, tho, sounds yummy...

Beth said...

Looking great,
I just wanted you to know that for the sugar I used half splenda and it worked fine. I have tried the splenda brown sugar before but it has left my recipes dry.

Good luck on your journey. I will visit you often as well!!

Dora and Adam said...

sYummy... I will give them a try. Hi Emma.... you look fab.
Love Auntie D

Chubby Chick said...

You and your daughter are SO pretty! What great smiles!

And those Butterscotch Bars look absolutely scrumptious! I'll have to try them soon. Thanks for posting the recipe! :)