Sunday, January 27, 2008

Time for Tea

We have been sick in my house this week. Everybody has come down with this awful cold. Both kids have had horrible coughs that they can't seem to shake so it has been a perfect week to drink lots of tea. My daughter is only 4 (soon to be 5) but she loves to drink tea. She gets it from her mother. All week long she has been asking for Candy Cane Lane tea. A friend got me hooked on it a few years ago and now it is a favorite at our house. The only problem is they only have it in stores during the holiday season. We usually stock up, although the way we have been drinking it this week it will soon be gone.
Not only is this tea wonderful tasting it had great benefits.
  • It is a green tea-green tea had loads of antioxidants in it that are good for us.
  • It contains peppermint which is an effective decongestant and also sooths sore throats.
  • It is decaffeinated so it won't keep me up all night and my daughter can have it.

I should mention when brewing green tea don't bring your water to a boil.At one time I did not like green tea but I was informed boiling water makes green tea bitter. After I stopped boiling the water I noticed A huge difference.

No comments: