Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Weigh-In Wednesday

So it is the new year and we are all thinking about shedding a few extra pounds. I hope that I can help you on your weight loss journey as I continue on mine. Since April 2006 I have lost 87 lbs. It has been a long process but I have learned a few things along the way. I thought I would share with you a few things that have really helped me.


1. Write it Down. Writing down what I eat helps to keep me on track and accountable. You would be amazed at what you eat during the day. I am doing Weight Watchers so it is very important I track my points everyday. When I become lazy I am not as successful.


2. Drink Water. There are so many great benefits to water that you can't go wrong. Water keeps your metabolism going as well as helps you to feel full. I aim for 6 glasses a day.


3. Exercise. I use to hate to exercise but now I actually enjoy it. Find something you like to do and start there. I love to grab my mp3 player and walk for about an hour. It is my time for myself. I also am a big fan of The Firm TransFIRMer.

4. Don't use the word diet. Remember that the changes you make in your eating are not temporary so whatever changes you make be sure you can keep them up.

5. Don't deprive yourself. If you love chocolate have some every once and awhile. If you deprive your self you will only crave it more.If it a trigger food just make it a special treat and don't bring it in your home.

6. Portions are important. Make sure that you measure and weigh your food. Invest in a food scale. You would be surprised at how much more you eat when you don't measure it.

No comments: