Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Weigh-In Wednesday

I had a good weigh-in today. I was down 1.4 lbs. which was more than I thought I would be so I was happy for that. My journaling was not great this week but it is getting better. I will make a good effort this week.

I saw an article in the paper this week and they gave 3 EASY ways to make over your diet.

  1. Eat a piece of fruit with lunch everyday. I think I am going to give this a try to help me get in all my fruits and veggies.
  2. Choose whole grains when you use your grain products. There are a lot of great choices out there. My family has grown to like brown rice.
  3. Decrease your meat intake. Use smaller portions or have a meatless meal one night. Try Boca Meatless Ground Burger or Morningstar Farm Crumbles in place of ground beef in your recipes. They taste great and have a fraction of the fat. We love both of them and most of the time my kids don't know they aren't eating meat.

4 comments:

Carleen said...

i need a makeover!! like the tips!!
nice to meet you, i'm in the healthy you challenge too.... have a great week

Chubby Chick said...

Congrats on the weight loss! That is awesome! :)

CAP said...

Great tips. Way to go.

Looking Great in 2008 said...

Yeah for a good weigh-in. You inspire me with your big numbers thanks for your support.