Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Healthy You Check-In

I have had a pretty good week and at my weigh-in last Thursday I was down 1 lb. I don't think that I will reach my goal to be out of the 160's by the end of February but I am trying hard to keep positive and work everyday on better choices.

Exercise has been good and I got 4 days in this week and I am getting ready to do an hour workout after I finish this post. I am still looking for something new to do to change things up a bit. I am looking forward to warmer weather when I can get back to walking outside.

I have worked really hard at increasing my water intake this week. I got out an old water bottle and have been trying to fill it twice a day and get all that in. I usually add just a small amount of crystal light to give it just a hint of flavor.

Once again journaling is my downfall. I usually do good until the weekend comes and then it goes out the window. I am back to writing today though but it leaves my points over the weekend unaccounted for. I have a tendency to snack more when I am not journaling.

My snacking and mindless eating as I like to call it is getting better. Yesterday I only had one snack in the day and an orange before bed so I was very proud of myself.

I know if I never lose another pound I have come along way but I am determined that I will make it to my goal weight. The last six months have been frustrating as I have been in this cycle but I am still ever so thankful that I am 85 lbs lighter than I was 2 years ago. I am ever so thankful that I can shop for normal clothes. I am ever so thankful I can run and play with my kids. I am ever so thankful I am a healthier me!!

4 comments:

Felicia said...

I think it sounds like you are doing great! You are moving forward and that is all that counts! Good luck with your weigh in this week!

Have a SUPER day!
*huggles*
=0)

Grumpy Chair said...

Sounds like you are doing everything right: water, exercise, watching the munchies.

Congratulations on being 85 pounds lighter than you were last year at this time. That in itself is a milestone.

Hope you have a great week.

HappyBlogChick said...

85 lbs lighter - wow. That's great! And it keeps coming off ... congrats on losing a lb at your last weigh-in. And congrats for being able to run and play with your kids!

It sounds like you're doing very well.

I have a hard time journaling on the weekend, too. This past weekend I stopped journaling, but Sunday night I sat down, journaled everything I ate all weekend, and calculated the points. YIKES. The total was awful. And then Monday I'd think of one or two more things, add it on, it got worse ... ugh!

This week I don't want to see that again. I'm going to journal as I go. Maybe if you do the same, it'll be a shock to the system like it was for me, and you'll stay more on track journaling for the weekends, too?

Just a thought - we all have to find for ourselves what works best for us.

Chubby Chick said...

Having 85 pounds off is fantastic! Congrats on such an amazing loss! And good luck with all your remaining goals. You can do it! :)