Monday, February 25, 2008

Mommy Product Review

My son spotted this Leap Frog TURBO TWIST MATH toy at the thrift store when we where a few weeks ago and asked if we could get it. He loves anything that has to do with electronics or computers and it was from Leap Frog so I said yes. Little did I know what a wonderful tool it would become in helping him memorize his math facts. He has been struggling with his subtraction facts. In 3rd grade there is a huge emphasis on math facts for addition, subtraction, multiplication and division within a certain time limit. We have been trying all kinds of different methods for months and he was still struggling. Finally after weeks of practicing on the Turbo Twist Math he got a passing time on his subtraction. On his last subtraction time test, to his suprise and his teachers, he was actually the first one done. He was so proud of himself. We have also seen great improvement on his multiplication. The best part is I don't have to pull teeth to get him to practice because to him it is a toy. I love that he is having fun and learning at the same time. I have to say Leap frog products have been great for my kids. This same child learned to read at 3 using the Leap Pad Learning System. I can't say enough good things about this product especially since it has saved me headaches from a child whining about practicing math facts.

No comments: