Thursday, February 28, 2008

Thankful Thursday

"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." Philippians 4:16

I have repeated this verse to myself so many times while I have been on this journey to lose weight. Lately I have been in a holding pattern and at times it gets discouraging. One of my bloggy friends Chubby Chick has a great post listing the reason that she wants to lose weight which was so inspiring to me an made me realize that I have so much to be thankful for. I have a list of things that I am thankful for but most of all I am thankful for the strength that God has given me to persevere.

Things I am thankful for since losing weight:

  1. I have reduced my risk of diabetes.
  2. I feel healthy.
  3. I am building muscle.
  4. My cholesterol is lower.
  5. I can look good for my husband.
  6. I can ride my bike with my kids.
  7. I can run with my kids.
  8. I can climb the steps without being winded.
  9. I can cross my legs.
  10. I can fit in an airplane seat comfortably.
  11. I can fit on amusement park rides.
  12. I can fit in a booth at a restaurant.
  13. I can shop in normal stores.
  14. I can feel my bones. ( I actually have a collar bone and hip bones).
  15. I can wear heals.
  16. I can wear shorts.
  17. I don't feel embarrassed about my weight.
  18. My kids are learning healthy habits.
  19. I don't have to avoid family photos.
  20. I have great friends and family that continue to support me.

Visit Sting My Heart for more Thankful Thursday.

3 comments:

Denise said...

Really great thankful list, bless you.

eph2810 said...

You are right, Beth. If we keep healthy and stay fit we can avoid a lot of issues later. I really, really have to start walking again.

Thank you for sharing your grateful heart with us this past week.

Blessings to you and yours.

Elaine A. said...

What a wonderful and postive list. Wasn't it great to go back and read this a year later too? I love it!

Thanks for linking up today! : )