I have repeated this verse to myself so many times while I have been on this journey to lose weight. Lately I have been in a holding pattern and at times it gets discouraging. One of my bloggy friends Chubby Chick has a great post listing the reason that she wants to lose weight which was so inspiring to me an made me realize that I have so much to be thankful for. I have a list of things that I am thankful for but most of all I am thankful for the strength that God has given me to persevere.
Things I am thankful for since losing weight:
- I have reduced my risk of diabetes.
- I feel healthy.
- I am building muscle.
- My cholesterol is lower.
- I can look good for my husband.
- I can ride my bike with my kids.
- I can run with my kids.
- I can climb the steps without being winded.
- I can cross my legs.
- I can fit in an airplane seat comfortably.
- I can fit on amusement park rides.
- I can fit in a booth at a restaurant.
- I can shop in normal stores.
- I can feel my bones. ( I actually have a collar bone and hip bones).
- I can wear heals.
- I can wear shorts.
- I don't feel embarrassed about my weight.
- My kids are learning healthy habits.
- I don't have to avoid family photos.
- I have great friends and family that continue to support me.
Visit Sting My Heart for more Thankful Thursday.