Friday, March 28, 2008

Frugal Friday


Shop with a Caclulator

Take a calculator with you to the supermarket to help you more easily recognize the best bargain when comparing brands and sizes. A calculator makes it easier to compare similar items with different costs per unit or cost per use.
You may already have a calculator with you even though you may not realize it. Today's cell phones and PDAs frequently come with calculator features. Check yours to see if it has such a built-in calculator and you won't need to bring along a separate one.
My Husband is very big on using the calculator has tought me how it can truly save us money. You can visit his money saving website at pinchtown.com.

For more frugal ideas make sure you visit Biblical Womanhood.

2 comments:

Babsi said...

Hi! I totally agree. I never did this until recently but now when ever I leave the house I make sure I have a small calculator in my purse. I check the price per oz. or unit and figure out the best deal. I also total my order before I check out because I am now paying in cash.
Thanks!
Babsi

CC said...

I just started doing this recently. But everytime I put the calculator down it gets bumped and I loose my numbers! I'd love to find one of those clipboards (for the shopping list) with the calculator at the top! :)