Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Healthy You Check-In

I have had an interesting week. It wasn't a bad week but I have made some realizations. At my weigh-in I had remained the same which was disappointing since I really want to meet my goal this month. So once again I have 2 weeks to go and 3 lbs to go. I think I will be up this week because I have had too much junk and not enough exercise. So it may be another month with very little movement.

I have come to the conclusion that I have become content at this weight. I still want to get to my goal but there isn't the push I once had when I had a lot to lose. I feel good, I don't feel fat. My clothes fit. I get told all the time how skinny I look. I am not skinny but compared to my old self I look healthy. So I am comfortable. So I think it has become a mental thing. I think things creep into my mind saying you are okay. I have been having this debate in my mind telling myself to keep going til I meet my goal. Then I will be okay. I will keep going because I really want to make it to the finish, it is just finding the way to give myself the extra push.

I am still trying to come up with a game plan to push myself to the next level. I know I will spend time praying for guidance.

I hope you all have a good week.

4 comments:

Pattie said...

Hi Beth -

You're at a tough point in the weight-loss process, for sure. When we start feeling comfortable, it's hard to push on. Maybe you could do something like sign up for a 5K walk or run for this fall, to give you soemthing to work toward and look forward to? Just a thought.

Hang in there!

Cammy said...

I don't see anything wrong in being comforatble in your current skin. I understand wanting to get to the "magical number", but if you feel good and look good, I think you're in a really great place. If the other comes, it comes, but you've done well to achieved what you have so far!

Dora said...

What no notes on your blog about your wonderful sister taking your delightful daughter for almost 2 weeks :)

Ha Ha. We had sooooooo much fun.

briy said...

Hi there! :)

I just joined the HYC, and yours is one of the first blogs I read this week! I just wanted to leave a comment, because I've been feeling similarly... I lost 50 pounds to start out with, and then I felt so much better comparatively that I just let myself plateau for the past few months. I have about 30-40 pounds to go, and I've been trying really hard to kick it into high gear starting March 1, but I know what you mean about needing that "extra push."

I've started training for a 5k with the "Couch to 5k," and that helps a bit. Anyway, nice to blog-meet you, and good luck!

-Briy