Saturday, March 1, 2008

A New Tea Find


Recently, a friend of ours gave my husband some Kalahari Zambezi Red Chai Tea that she had and didn't think she would drink. I have been really into chai lately but I am but a huge fan of Rooibos teas, so reluctantly I gave it a try. Boy am I glad that I did, this tea is excellent. I have been drinking it as a latte, and I am hooked. I get a big latte cup fill it half with milk and half with tea( if you are doing Weight Watchers it is a good way to get your milk in). It has just the right amount of spice and is not bitter at all. There is no caffeine so that is an added bonus.
Did you know that Rooibos contains the minerals, copper, iron and potassium, calcium, fluoride, zinc, manganese, alpha- hydroxyl ( for healthy skin ) and magnesium ( for the nervous system ). It is also known to help boost your immune system and help manage allergies. So if you have never tried Rooibos tea it may be worth giving it a try.

2 comments:

Dora said...

Just a tip for Roobios tea. DON'T let the water come to a full boil. Just when a few bubbles start forming and when steam starts, turn the water off and make your tea.

If you bring it to a full boil it will be very bitter.

Of course, don't reheat Roobios in the microwave either.

Hanlie said...

I am so glad that "our" tea is becoming so popular all over the world. It's grown about 200 miles from where I live and I grew up with it. When I lived in France in 1990 my friend actually gave me a few rooibos teabags for my birthday and I coaxed many cups of tea out of each bag! It tasted like home!

I love the fact that I can drink rooibos without milk or sugar. It is also given to babies to help with colic and there are lots of rooibos skincare products. I use rooibos fragrance for the glycerin soap that I make.

One of the best things about rooibos? It contains no caffeine or tannin!

I must see if I can find that brand...