Thursday, March 6, 2008

Thankful Thursday

My daughter left today to visit my sister in Connecticut with my parents for for 12 days, so it has been a strange day for me. I am happy that she was able to go but it is a long time for her to be away at the age of 5. So first off I am very thankful that God granted my parents and daughter safety as they traveled today.

I am also very thankful that I have wonderful children who love each other. After I picked my son up from school today he was talking to his sister on my cell phone in the car. I could only hear his end of the conversation but it brought tears to my eyes. He was telling his sister how much he loved her and that there is nothing that she could that would make him stop loving her. He went on to tell her that if she was ever in danger he would do everything that he could to save her. It is hard to believe that this conversation occurred between a 5 and 8 year old. I think that they are going to miss each other.

I am truly thankful today for the wonderful blessing that God has given me in both of my children.
For more Thankful Thursday visit Sting My Heart

2 comments:

Denise said...

Such a sweet thankful list, bless you dear.

BP said...

That phone conversation sounds so sweet! I hope she enjoys her trip.