Monday, March 24, 2008

Time for Tea

My daughter had to get her shots today for school. Of course to celebrate her bravery we had to do something fun. We decided that we would go and have tea at our favorite tea shop with Grandma. It was an absolutely beautiful day to drive to the shop which is about a half hour away. Even more beautiful was the time that the three of us were able to spend together enjoying a cup of tea. I will miss that when she starts school.

My daughter also provided us with a good laugh. My mom had ordered blood orange tea. I wanted to try it so I poured some in my cup. I asked my daughter if she wanted to try it . In a very hesitant voice she said "No, it is too hot." A few minutes after it had cooled some I asked her again. This time she hesitantly took a small sip to which her reply was "It tastes a little like blood." Have dectecting her hesitance I knew those words would come out of her mouth. You have to love kids! What a joy they bring.

5 comments:

Grumpy Chair said...

What a wonderful idea! My daughter goes off to Kindergarten next fall and will be needing her shots (going to do that in April). I am going to need to search for a tea room in our neighborhood to celebrate her "bravery".

I have been reading but not commenting (sorry). I really enjoy your savings $ posts.

Lynn said...

That is a beautiful tea cup. I have this urge to go taking pictures of my mother's lovely china just to show them to you.

(Our apartment is so small, we don't have a dining room anymore, so all my good china is packed up, since there's nowhere to put it right now.)

Dora said...

Emma is too much. I knew it as soon as you wrote Mom ordered blood orange tea that Emma would be thinking.... Grandma is drinking tea flavored with blood and oranges :)

I miss her soooo much. Beth, you are going to cry your eyes out when she goes to school. I could never tell you how much my week with her meant to me. We had SUCH a grand time and lots of laughs. Especially when Unkie Adam played Barbies with her.

Krystyn said...

That's a sweet idea. I love it...sad that she didn't like the tea, though.

Elaine A. said...

Oooh, I wanna go for tea! Think this will work for my 5 yr old when he has to have shots next week? I'm guessing no. He's more of a candy guy! ; )

Thanks for linking up!