Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Healthy You Check-In


Okay, I knew my weigh-in would be bad last Thursday. I was up 3.6 lbs. I am alright with that but hoped that I would get right back on track. I had a bad weekend though. I am not normally a stress eater but this weekend I really was. I can't say I remember many times that I used food for comfort but this weekend that was the case. I got some awful news about a friend having cancer and it really hit me hard. I am sure some of it was combined with the fact that my period was about to start so I was very emotional and I always get a bad case if the munchies. The two together proved to be disaster.
I have started walking outside again. I walk just short of 4 miles. I love it. It is my favorite part of the day. I love to walk by myself and use the time and reflect or plan my days ahead. It is so nice get back to that routine. This year I may even switch up my route a bit and go a little further.
I hope you all have a great week.

4 comments:

Simone said...

I am sorry to hear about your friend.

Cyber Hugs

dadivastreet said...

You did have a stressful week. Hope all goes well for your friend & you too.

Cammy said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend! I can see why you were so stressed!

Here's hoping for smoother trails for both of you, soon.

Lynn said...

I'm so sorry about your friend... cancer is a scary, awful thing, but a lot of people survive it. Praying for you and your friend!