Friday, June 6, 2008

Frugal Friday-Patience

I have been learning the lesson that patience can be a very frugal thing. I am often quick to replace something of it appears broken or no longer usable. I learned this lesson again recently when I wanted to replace a rose bush that had not produced roses the past 2 years. My husband said to give it one more year. I am glad that I did because here is the results.


It is absolutely loaded with with rosebuds, and I was ready to dig it out. I am ever so glad my husband told me to wait, it saved me $20.

Also a friend just gave me a good idea of something she has started doing. If she wants something instead of rushing out and buying it, she makes a list and at the end of the month she assesses if she still needs or wants it before she goes and buys it. I am hoping to find the patience to do that myself.

For More frugal ideas be sure to visit Biblical Womanhood.

2 comments:

momof4sweetsisters said...

I really like the list idea. I think I'll give it a try and mention to my older daughters too!
Thanks

Melissa Lester said...

That's a good idea. I need to find some ways to cut back on my spending, so maybe I will give that a try. Each time I look at your site I wish we had a Meijer in our area. You get such good deals!