Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pumpkin Dump cake

I saw this recipe for a Pumpkin Dump cake over at Back Porch Musing and it looked so good that I had to try it out. I made for our Annual Trunk or Treat at church and it was a real hit. I am sure that I will be making it again. I had a nice picture to post as well but my memory card for my camera has eaten my photos and can't retrieve them so you will have to go over to Back Porch Musings to take a peek at her photos.

Pumpkin Dump Cake
Ingredients:
1-box yellow cake mix
1-large can pumpkin pie mix
1-8oz can evaporated milk
2-eggs
1-stick butter (melted)
2-small pkgs. pecan halves
Mix pumpkin pie mix with eggs and evaporated milk. Pour into large baking dish, crumble dry cake mix over the top, drizzle with melted butter, garnish with pecan halves.

Bake in preheated 350 degree oven, until brown. Approximately 45 minutes. Seve with Ice Cream or Whip Cream on top

3 comments:

shonebrooks said...

Two thumbs way up!

Jackie DiGiovanni said...

This recipe sounds soooo good and wonderfully rich in calories. My recipe makes 18 muffins (or unfrosted cupcakes.

Mix together 1 beaten egg, 1 box of spice cake mix, and one 15 oz can of pumpkin (NOT pie filling. Spoon the thick mixture into cupcake pan lined with papers. Bake according to the cake mix directions--probably 350ยบ for 18-20 minutes.

I read that one of your favorite movies is Sense and Sensibility. Mine too. I use it as motivation to clean the house.

Jenn said...

oh, I have to try this one. Thanks for sharing.