Sunday, January 11, 2009

Tea and Thee


Judy over at Pages of My Heart wrote this poem. It is very fitting for my blog as it shares its name so I thought I would share it with you. I love it.

Tea and Thee

I sit here early in the morning
slowly sipping my cup of tea;
reflecting on the blessing
of talking with thee.

I come before you each day
knowing I won't be denied.
Asking for strength and comfort,
grateful you always provide.

I feel joy and contentment
each moment that we share.
You give me strength each day
as I lay before you every care.

Your Holy Word is my daily bread.
I love precious moments with thee.
Thankful we can meet together
while I'm sipping my cup of tea.


5 comments:

Judy said...

Beth, thanks so much for sharing my poem. I'm glad you liked it. I wrote it for a ladies retreat to go along with tea cups the speaker was going to give out. She's talking about contentment.

Brooke said...

What a beautiful poem! I love your tea set!

Have a lovely day!

Miss Janice said...

Oh gosh Brooke took the words right out my mouth. That poem is precious and I was also admiring your tea tray and service!

suetalley said...

judy, we are having a ladies tea in the spring. would you consider letting me use your beautiful poem in a meditation booklet for the ladies to take home with them? looking forward to your reply.

Judy said...

Sue, I would be very honored and happy for you to use my poem.I took it to a ladies retreat we had this weekend. A friend spoke and gave out tea cups. It was fun. Go right ahead and use it. If you would be put my name on it. Judy Wood Thanks.