Saturday, February 21, 2009

Tea and Friendship

A very neat thing happened to me this past week, an act that will never be forgotten. I am a huge fan of twitter . Through my searches on twitter I have found some great tea companies selling all sorts of tea. One of the happen to be 52teas. Every week they blend a new flavor of tea. This week it was Chocolate Raspberry, which was calling my name. So I decided to order some and I posted on twitter that I did. By chance another person on twitter also ordered the tea and saw my post. She added me as a follower and we started chatting. I was having a rough day and we were talking about it. This lady on twitter is known as TheTinyJEWELBox and her name is Jewel. Jewel told me about these great raspberry chocolate brownies from a company called Fairytale Brownies. I wrote her back and told her that she they sounded yummy and jokingly said she could buy me some anytime. She wrote me back and told me to send her my address and she would send me some. After a bit more conversation I sent her my address and on Thursday my brownies arrived. Let me tell you they are YUMMY. If you want an excellent brownie you need to check them out. I am waiting until I get my tea to have the raspberry brownie.


I wrote Jewel back that day with tears in my eyes and told her how much I appreciated her generosity and kindness. I believe over tea Christ brought us together that day. I needed her act of kindness that hopefully I will be able to repay someday. She did more than send me brownies that day she showed me the love of Christ by doing something kind for a stranger. We have chatted many times since and I feel we have formed a frienship. I know she will read this so I want to say Thanks again Jewel. I hope someday we can share a cup of tea together.

8 comments:

teaescapade said...

What a wonderful story. Thanks for sharing, I always love to hear stories where God uses the people around us to show us His love.

Lady Katherine said...

How wonderful! Blogging has helped me a lot, for I have so many new friends, I know more about their life than my friends here. lol Now those brownies look great and so does the tea! I love to have some I going to check out the links. Thank you so much.

TheTinyJEWELBox said...

Beth..you are more than welcome..enjoy your brownies!

Living A Whole Life said...

Fairytale Brownies are the most delicious! Enjoy!

Dora said...

Rah, Rah... for TheTinyJewel Box. She rocks.... Oh and you can send me brownies my lovely sister... ha ha.

Megret said...

That's such a sweet story! I've been wanting to try these FairyTale Brownies myself.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes an accident turns into a real blessing. God has away of sending what we need when we need it most. May God continue to bring the love of Christ through His followers.
I would like to meet Jewel someday! She sounds like a very special lady! Love Mom

Miss Janice said...

Jewel is a "jewel" and those brownies soung delightful!