Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Time for Tea Tuesday

While I was visiting with my girlfriend last week in Virginia we went on a search far a tea room where we could have a nice tea together. After a tea room search gone wrong and the help of her GPS we came across this gem of a tea room called the The Pink Bicycle Tea Room in Occoquan, VA.




The owner Lisa was wonderful and made is feel very welcome. The tea room was in an old home that was very quaint and comfortable. We all had a large pot of our tea of choice and we had fun sharing our teas with each other. Carmelita and I both had the the cottage tea which included a cup if soup tea sandwiches and a scone with cream and jam. It was just enough. Lisa made her own fresh scones and they were huge and very delicious. My daughter had the Princess Tea which was included Apple & Cheese Plate, a fresh baked scone served with Clotted Cream & Jam or Curd Tea Sandwiches, Petite Dessert, Fresh Fruit. It was presented beautifully and she loved it.


We had such a delightful afternoon. I can't wait to go back to Virginia not only to see my best friend but to be able to return to the The Pink Bicycle to have tea. If you are in the Washington DC area and looking for a great place for tea, this is your place.

Don't forget to link up your tea post. Let's have tea together.

8 comments:

Angela McRae said...

I love the name of this tea room, and it sounds like a great place to visit! (And thank YOU for visiting my blog!)

teaescapade said...

Here is my latest tea post. Thanks for the opportunity to add to your list. I absolutely adore the look and feel of your blog.

BTW-the Pink Bicycle Tea Room sounds like a wonderful place. One of my two best friends lives near DC - I'll have to tell her about it.

Eric - Tea Finely Brewed said...

Thanks for the invitation to share my latest tea experience! Your post made me envious... there aren't too many good places to drink tea around here in Melbourne, Australia. It's bizarre. There's this strong café culture, but most places haven't figured out how to do tea well yet!

Lisa @ Stop and Smell the Chocolates said...

Looks like such a lovely place! What a fun name and the food looks great! Thanks for sharing! :)

The Real Me! said...

Oh how fun! I love going to tea rooms! There is just something relaxing about a cup of tea!!
Blessings,
Kim

Lisa R. Johnson said...

Beth, Thank you for the wonderful review. i can't wait to share you blog with my customers. Lisa

Jill said...

Oh, I really need to visit a Tea House with my daughters! They would be so excited :)

Thanks for Sharing!

Alex and Carm said...

Hey, Beth!
I'm checking out your blog. Looks GREAT! I love that you posted the pics of us having tea.
I'm so glad we found the Pink Bicycle Tea Room--what a find! I'm in the beginnings of starting my own blog -- I just have to narrow my ideas down to two or three. Alex is anxious for me to get started so that he can "help" me.

Love ya,
Carm