Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Time for Tea Tuesday

A Secret Sister Tea
On Saturday I had Tea with several dear ladies from my church to celebrate and reveal our secret sisters.  We have had a Secret Sister program for several years as a minisrty to get to know each other better.  Besides writing notes and giving small gifts I encourage the ladies to keep their sister in their daily prayers.  We have such a great group of women who have truly grown to love each other.

Every six months we reveal or Secret Sisters with a special Tea.  On of the places we go for the Tea is the Rooftop Cafe which is part of the British Tea Garden  in Tecumseh, MI.   They prepare a beautiful lunch  with tea and dessert.  I am a big lover of scones so we usually choose those as our dessert option. Everything is always very delicious and the staff is always so helpful and friendly.

If live in the Tecumseh area and are looking for a place to hold a special luncheon or bridal shower I would highly reccomend the Rooftop Cafe.  If you are just looking to go for tea with a friend the British Tea Garden is my favorite.  Many of my tea pictures have been taken here as I  have shared tea here many times with friends and family.

Don't forget to link up your tea post from the last week because I would love to share tea with you as well.



4 comments:

Judy said...

Sounds like fun places to go for tea. I'm glad you enjoy time with your sisters. Wish I could meet you.

Denise said...

Hi Beth,
Thanks for giving me a heads up and entering our contest! Love the blog!

Lisa @ Stop and Smell the Chocolates said...

What a fun thing to do! And revealing it at a tea makes it even more fun!

parTea lady said...

Your blog is very pretty. I have always enjoyed participating in a secret sister group. I love how you do the reveal at tea (your roses china is lovely).