Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Time for Tea Tuesday

Tea and Scones
My neighbor invited me over for Tea this morning and of course I was thrilled to accept her invitation. I decided that we probably needed a little treat to go with our tea so I got up and made us some delicious Cinnamon raisin scones. I didn't have the clotted cream or jam to go with them but they were still quite tasty.
My neighbor just moved in last fall so I haven't had much of a chance to get to know her so it was so wonderful today to sit down and get to know her better over a cup of tea. She speaks Spanish and is learning English so conversation is not always easy but a cup of tea and a sweet to go with it is universal and we enjoyed each others company. When you get new neighbors you always wonder what they are like and pray that they will be good. I know God has answered prayer and provided us with good neighbors. As an added bonus she is one who enjoys talking over a cup of tea.



I hope that you will join me as well for tea and add your link below.

2 comments:

teatotaler said...

Your blog is so nice. I really enjoy reading it. Tea is great and it is easy to get to know others and develop realtionships over a cup.

SoCal Helene said...

Hi Beth! I have to agree, you have a very pretty blog, so inviting! Tea & scones with your neighbor, what a wonderful way to start the day and to get to know each other. I have to admit, I hardly know the names of our neighbors, I know that is really bad!!!
Helene
SistersGiftCompany.com