Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Time for Tea Tuesday~Wimbledon

Wimbledon Tea

I love this time of year when I can sit back and watch the tennis at Wimbledon. It has been one of my life long dreams to attend Wimbledon. Maybe one day it will happen. In honor of Wimbledon the Royal Garden Hotel in London is offering a special Wimbledon Tea. I can dream of enjoying a great afternoon tea in Kensington and then going to watch some great tennis on Centre court.



Here is the menu for this wonderful tea.

Traditional Afternoon Tea
Wimbledon Special
Playing from 22nd June to 5th July 2008
-
Assorted freshly prepared finger Sandwiches
-
Freshly baked Raisin and Plain Scones served with Devonshire Clotted Cream
and Home-made Preserves
-
A Selection of Home-made Cakes and Pastries
from the Royal Garden Patisserie including:
Pimms Trifle
Williams Pear Mousse
Navratpavlova
Roger's Roulade
Tim's Tartlet's
Murray Mint Truffle
-
Freshly Brewed Leaf Tea from our fine selection


Maybe the next time I plan a trip to London I will have to go during the Wimbledon fortnight. Even if I never make it to Centre court at least I can enjoy a Wimbledon Tea.

Don't forget to join me for tea and link up your recent tea post.


7 comments:

parTea lady said...

That sounds like it would be a perfect afternoon.

smittenbybritain said...

Stopping by to say hello from a fellow SITS member. Very cute blog.

smittenbybritain said...

Oh and I meant to add, yes you should def. do Wimbledon one year. We stood in line and got tickets the morning of. Pretty simple. Go Murray!

Duchess of Tea said...

Beth darling, you are welcome to drop by for tea anytime and many thanks for the lovely comment. When you get a chance please do tell me more about Tea on Tuesday, I will sincerely appreciate it.

Southern Touch Catering said...

Thanks for your visit today. Please stop again sometime. You have a lovely site.

Marilyn Miller said...

Oh, I missed tea this week. I hope you had a lovely time.

South Bay Ladies' Tea Guild said...

The Wimbledon Tea menu sounds lovely! I hope you get a chance to go to London and enjoy it! Of course, we tea lovers could always give our own Wimbledon Tea at home with the tennis on television ...