Sunday, August 2, 2009

Rock of Ages Brodway Soundtrack Review

Thanks to One2One Network I received the new Orginal Broadway Cast Recording of  five-time Tony Award nominated "Rock of Ages".  I have to admit at first I was not real thrilled  too about hearing it but when I found out that Constantine Maroulis was one of the stars of the show I was excited to listen to  it.  Rock of Ages is set in 1987 in a legendary Sunset Strip rock club.  A small-town girl meets a big-city dreamer and they fall in love to the greatest metal songs of the 80's. The musical is an arena-rock love story told through the mind-blowing, face-melting hits of Journey, Bon Jovi, Styx, Reo Speedwagon, Pat Benatar, Foreigner, Twisted Sister, Poison, Asia, Whitesnake and more.

This album made me take a walk down memory lane having grown up in the 80's listening to these songs.  The list of tracks includes:

Just Like Paradise / Nothin' But A Good Time

Sister Christian
We Built This City / Too Much Time On My Hands
I Wanna Rock
We're Not Gonna Take It
Heaven/More Than Words / To Be With You
Waiting For A Girl Like You
Wanted Dead Or Alive
I Want To Know What Love Is
Harden My Heart / Shadows Of The Night
Here I Go Again
The Final Countdown
Any Way You Want It / I Wanna Rock (Reprise)
High Enough
I Hate Myself For Loving You / Heat Of The Moment
Hit Me With Your Best Shot
Can't Fight This Feeling
Every Rose Has Its Thorn
Oh Sherrie
The Search Is Over
Don't Stop Believin

After listening to these songs and the memories they bring make it has sparked a desire in me to see the Broadway musical.

If you want to check it out for yourself  you can see the making of the soundtrack here and you can purchase a copy for yourself  here.  This album is getting great reviews so you may just want to pick up a copy for yourself.

No comments: