Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Harry Connick Jr.- Your Songs



Harry Connick Jr. released a new album today called Your Songs. Harry performs classic songs by some of the greatest musicians of all time, with a full jazz big band and string orchestra! He collaborated with the legendary Clive Davis, who has managed and guided the careers of so many fantastic musicians There are many great songs that you will recognize and want to sing along with. Here are the tracks:

All The Way (Frank Sinatra)
Just The Way You Are (Billy Joel)
Can’t Help Falling In Love With You (Elvis Presley)
And I Love Her (The Beatles)
(They Long To Be) Close To You (The Carpenters)
Besame Mucho
The Way You Look Tonight
First Time Ever I Saw Your Face (Roberta Flack)
Your Song (Elton John)
Some Enchanted Evening
And I Love You So (Don McLean)
Who Can I Turn To? (Tony Bennett)
Smile (Charlie Chaplin)
Mona Lisa (Nat King Cole)

Thanks to the One2One Network I have had the opportunity to listen to this CD. I am always amazed by Harry's voice and have enjoyed listening and singing along in my car. If you are a Harry Connick Jr. fan I think that you will really like this album. I must admit I am not a huge fan but I have really enjoyed this album, much more than I thought I would. My family is not crazy about it so it will be a Mom CD that I can listen to in the car when I am by myself. It is best that way so I can sing along as loud as I want.

I always like to see Harry perform and I am excited he will be on the Oprah show this Friday, Sept. 25 . I can't wait to check him out. If you miss Harry on Oprah he also has the following. TV appearances

9/28 – Today Show
9/29 – The View
9/30 – Imus in the Morning
9/30 – Letterman
10/1 – Today Show
Week of 10/5 – Rachael Ray

Have fun watching him and of course check out his new album Your Songs.
.

1 comment:

Smitten by Britain said...

I love him and especially his Christmas albums. If you don't have them you should check them out. They are my faves. Thanks for the link