Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Time for Tea Tuesday- The Perfect Tea Kettle



I have used an electric tea kettle for years to boil my water for tea.  I love how convenient they are as well how fast they  boil the water.  I had a great tea kettle I discovered that it is better not to use boiling water when drinking green or white tea.  It was a bit inconvenient to have to watch to catch the water before it boiled or I would forget to turn it off before it boiled.  I few months a go I saw this Adagio Teas 3 UtiliTEA Variable-Temperature 30-Ounce Electric Kettle  It has an innovative temperature control system, this versatile device can heat to your preference.  You just turn the dial for the tea type you wish to steep.  I received one for my birthday and I love it. 

I have mentioned before that I would never drink green tea because I found it bitter.  Since I realized green tea should never be steeped in boiling water I am now enjoying green tea.  Since I received this kettle I am enjoying green tea much more frequently.  If you are looking for an electric tea kettle this is a great choice.