Thursday, January 28, 2010

Be Still My Soul

After 2 weeks of being run down by not feeling well,  numerous doctors appointments and still no real idea of what is going on with my body I was feeling rather down and out.  I decided I would do what relaxes me the most and read my Bible while taking a nice hot bath.  Instead of reading though I started singing a song.  I sang to God and pleaded with him to calm my soul.   I sang the song Be Still My Soul  which happens to be one of my favorites.  I reminded my self that I just need to turn it over to God and he will see me through.

Be still, my soul: the Lord is on thy side.
Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain.
Leave to thy God to order and provide;
In every change, He faithful will remain.

Be still, my soul: thy best, thy heavenly Friend
Through thorny ways leads to a joyful end.

Be still, my soul: thy God doth undertake
To guide the future, as He has the past.
Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake;
All now mysterious shall be bright at last.

Be still, my soul: the waves and winds still know
His voice Who ruled them while He dwelt below.

Be still, my soul: the hour is hastening on
When we shall be forever with the Lord.
When disappointment, grief and fear are gone,
Sorrow forgot, love’s purest joys restored.

Be still, my soul: when change and tears are past
All safe and blessèd we shall meet at last.


Here is a version of the song done by Selah.  It is a bit different form the original but still very beautiful.  What peace it is to know that we have a God who is faithful.



2 comments:

Jewel said...

I love you, Sister. I hope that you feel better soon!!!

teamoment said...

Be Still my Soul is one of my favorite hymns, and is one that I have sung to myself throughout the most difficult of times. It is definitely a comfort to know that "The Lord is on thy side."