Thursday, February 25, 2010

Sing Along With Barbie DVD Review

 My daughter loves Barbies just like her mother did at her age.  She is a big fan of all the Barbie movies as well.   I often hear the names used in the  movies as  she is playing with her dolls.  When I heard of the new  Sing Along  with Barbie DVD I was so excited for her to see it.  To my disappointment she was less than thrilled to when she saw it.  She told me she was too old for sing alongs.  Seven years old surely was not too old in my eyes so I put it in to see what her reaction would be.  She was a little more receptive and I think enjoyed watching it.  She recently got Barbie and The Diamond Castle  and I caught her singing a bit from some of the songs from that movie. So I must admit that she hasn't watched it much or had much singing along fun but I am sure that I will catch her watching it again. I have to admit also that I was a bit disappointed with the quality of the DVD.  I though it would be more like a video with the words but it is just clips from the movies with the music to them. 

If you have a daughter who loves Barbie like mine this would make a nice gift for them. Since it has the lyrics on the screen it is great for kids who can read. My personal opinion is girls that are Pre-K and kindergarten would probably enjoy it the most.  My daughter is having a some friends over for a spa night and I am sure they will all have some fun with it.

I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour campaign by Mom Central on behalf of Mattel. In addition, I received a gift certificate to thank me for taking the time to participate.”

No comments: