Sunday, April 11, 2010

Splenda Tastebook


Several years ago when I started working on losing weight I was always  looking for recipes that would help me cut calories from my diet and thanks to Splenda I was still able to have some great treats.  Not only do I use Splenda in my tea and sugar as a replacement for sugar but I also use it for baking. I like to use both the granulated and the brown sugar blend.  They both work great for baking and most people won't know you did not use sugar.

Recently the Splenda Brand  teamed up with celebrity Mom chef, Katie Brown, to offer exciting tips on how to use Splenda in many ways, not just baking, and to provide  great new recipes for favorites such as cookies, cakes, breads, and smoothies. 

It is not the best picture but this is a pie my hubby made.  He modified the Berry Cherry pie recipe and used mulberries he had frozen last summer.  It made a wonderful pie.  There are many great recipes that you can find  in the Splenda Tastebook.  There are not only desserts but many other great recipes.  You can  choose all your favorite recipes and keep them in a recipe book online or choose your favorite recipes and have a  cookbook made of your favorites.  The tastebook would also make a great gift for someone you know that may be diabetic.

I  wrote this review while participating in a blog tour campaign by Mom Central on behalf of Splenda and received products necessary to facilitate my candid review. In addition, a donation was made in my name to the Meals on Wheel organization to thank me for taking the time to participate

No comments: