Thursday, May 27, 2010

Don't Fret the Sweat!




We have reached those Tween years in our house,  which means the first of  all kinds fun things including the use of deodorant.  When putting my son to bed I was beginning to notice it was time for him to start wearing deodorant. I can't say it was an easy thing to convince my son he needed to use it everyday but I think he is finally starting to realize it is for his own good.  It has not been easy to convince him that using deodorant everyday is part of good personal hygiene.  I am also thankful to his teacher who asked that they bring in deodorant to put on everyday before gym class.  It has been good for him to see that everyone else his age is doing the same thing.

Unilever – the maker of Degree, Dove and Suave deodorants – has aligned with a great list of community partners and assembled a panel of experts to develop the educational website and resource  called DontFretTheSweat.com.  It is a great source for parents to help with the dialogue of discussing with your Tween the importance of wearing deodorant as part of good personal hygiene.

I have to say now that the deodorant issue has been solved my son actually thinks he is pretty cool because he can pick out his own deodorant as well as body wash for men.  I guess the fun is just beginning.

I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour campaign by Mom Central on behalf of Unilever and received the items necessary to facilitate my review. In addition, Mom Central sent me a gift card to thank me for taking the time to participate

No comments: